There's nothing more challenging or more rewarding than parenting.
Does the thought of parenthood seem impossible? Believe it or not, you do have the potential to be a successful, loving parent, and we’ll show you how.
At Assure, our staff can help you explore what pregnancy and parenting would look like for you and assist you in overcoming challenges you may face.
How Do I Know If Parenting Is Right For Me?
When deciding whether to parent, ask yourself these questions:
- What kind of support system do I have?
- How will my partner or parents feel about my parenting?
- Can I continue with my job or education?
- What additional financial support will I need?
The Assure team can help you work through these challenges and discuss any additional concerns you may have. We will also provide referrals to local agencies to help with housing, medical expenses, and counseling.
Help Is Available
Our first priority is your health and well-being. That’s why we can give you referrals for services or resources we cannot provide.
Whether you are interested in receiving counseling, need prenatal care, or want information on parenting classes, we can help put you in touch with the right organizations that can help you.
In addition, there are many community programs to assist mothers:
- Nebraska Aid to Dependent Children (ADC)
- Nebraska Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Nebraska Medicaid
- Nebraska Kids Connection
- Nebraska Child Care Subsidy Program
- Nebraska Special Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- Nebraska Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Nebraska Unemployment Insurance
- Nebraska Opportunity Grant (NOG)
Talk With Us About Parenthood
Parenting can be overwhelming, but it is also one of the most rewarding jobs you can ever have. There is help available for you if you recently became pregnant and choose to parent your child.
To learn more about free parenting services and how we can help you receive assistance, schedule your no-cost appointment with us today!